Thursday 2 December 2010

Manifesto, Manifesto, Manifesto

After attending Frank's lectures (which at first i found incredibly confusing with his long worded sentences) we were given our first written essay/project on MANIFESTOS. Which at the beginning i had no idea what one of these were, but what i did know was that we had two manifestos to produce, one of them was to design an existing manifesto based on an art movement between a 1880 to 1930 and the second on the cultural or technology changes that beckon the 21st century. Which in my eyes for the second manifesto i slightly changed to my cultural changes where i have become quite worried about possibly over planning my night outs.

Manifesto 1 
BAUHAUS


Manifesto 2
GETTING HOME

I am really happy with my outcomes, however for my getting home manifesto I did find it quite hard to think of something which would work well with or without text. I originally thought of using the colours of the tube lines and manipulate that somehow, but in the end i realised that just by using tube line colours doesn't mean that i'd be trying to get home it would probably symbolise more travel than getting home.


1 comment:

  1. I really love the subtle colours you've used for your Bauhaus manifesto, they're really rich and work well together. I also like the layout of the second one and perhaps it would be nice to see that with some colours since the first one worked so well!

    ReplyDelete