Thursday 17 February 2011

Illustrator horror!

So we've recently been given a new brief to work on using to Adobe program Illustrator where we have to design a How to manual for austere times (when your short of cash). At the beginning of the project we were put into groups where we were given an everyday life subject, mine was entertainment. From this starting point we were to make up a How to title based around this theme.

At the beginning I drifted away from the manual side of things and headed towards a narative, which at the time i thought was right, but since then i have met with my tutor's and they have now pointed me in the right direction.

Having never used illustrator before I wasn't too sure how to approach my illustrations for this project but I began with some drawings which i scanned in and live traced and painted

However although at the time I was really happy with my illustration style, I was told to try out different styles before settling on and after testing out drawing, scanning, and photos i have now settled on a much neater drawing approach but using the pen tool on illustrator. But still being new to this whole style it took some time to develop but here are the results so far..


No comments:

Post a Comment